In 1890, William J. Terry founded his toy factory in the north of London. From ± 1919 they started to make teddy bears. W.J. Terry died in 1924 and his son took over the company. Around the beginning of the Second World War the factory shut down.
The William J. Terry bears usually had loose, carton labels with ‘Terryer Toys’ on them.