Daniel Swarovski (1862-1956) was born in Bohemia, the centre of the glass industry. He had trained in his father’s glass cutting factory, but was always fascinated by mechanics and was determined to automate and improve the process. He took out his first patent in 1892 for an electrically powered machine that would cut gemstones with perfect precision. Needing a power source for his new project, he moved to the Austrian Tyrol and set up his first factory, where he developed a precision grinding and polishing process that was to dominate 20th century crystal production.
‘Swarovski Crystals’ became known for being of the very highest quality and were in great demand throughout Europe and the USA. As costume jewellery became increasingly fashionable, Swarovski now assisted by his three sons expanded into glass manufacturing. By 1912, the company was producing not only clear crystal of perfect brilliance but also a wide range of fine-coloured glass crystal.
This has now culminated in a stunning range of jewellery. From timeless and classic jewellery designs to current trends, Swarovski has your style.
Especially For You (1) & I Love You (2)
(1) Clear crystal bear with Jet crystal eyes and nose; sunflower in Light Topaz, Red Topaz and Peridot crystal, metal stem.
(2) Clear crystal bear with Jet crystal eyes and nose; balloon in Kakadu Red crystal, designed by Heinz Tabertshofer.
You And I
Set of 2 bears in faceted clear crystal; His bow-tie in Montana crystal, her flower in Kakadu Red crystal with details in Peridot and Jonquil crystal, designed by Heinz Tabertshofer.
Kris Bear On Drum
Bear and drum in clear crystal; matt crystal cap; eyes and nose in Jet crystal; blue satin ribbon; rhodium-plated details, designed by Heinz Tabertshofer.
Kris Bear On Sleigh
Bear in faceted clear crystal on rhodium-plated sleigh; matt crystal cap; eyes and nose in Jet crystal; blue satin ribbon; rhodium-plated details, designed by Heinz Tabertshofer.
Kris Bear With Train
Bear faceted clear crystal with rhodium-plated train; matt crystal cap; eyes and nose in Jet crystal; blue satin ribbon; rhodium-plated details, designed by Heinz Tabertshofer
A Gift For You (1) & With You (2)
(1) Clear crystal with jet crystal eyes and nose. The gift box is in light Siam crystal with silver-tone metal ribbon and bow. Designed by Peter Heidegger.
(2)Fully faceted clear crystal bear with Jet crystal eyes and nose. Heart in Rosaline crystal. Designer Elisabeth Adamer.
Winnie the Pooh & Friends
Winnie the Pooh features the adorable bear fully faceted clear
crystal body with unfaceted arms. Pooh bear happily holds onto his fully
faceted clear crystal balloon on steel ribbon, as he sparkles in his
Light Siam unfacetted crystal red shirt
Piglet features a fully faceted clear crystal body with unfaceted clear crystal arms and face. Jet crystal eyes. Piglet shows it’s “a caring heart..”
Tigger features a fully faceted clear crystal body with unfaceted clear crystal face and back. Eyes in Jet crystal.
Eeyore features a fully faceted clear crystal body, with unfaceted clear crystal face, ears and tail. Eyebrows and eyes in Jet crystal.
All four figurines are designed by Mario Dilitz.
Kaatje (1) & Fritz (2)
(1) Fully faceted clear crystal cheese maker wearing clogs in faceted clear crystal and unfaceted cap; eyes and nose in Jet crystal, round of cheese in fully faceted clear crystal with a printed windmill and the word “cheese”.
(2) Fully faceted clear crystal German musician with accordion in matt crystal, rhodium-plated metal straps; unfaceted hat with accent in faceted Black Diamond crystal; eyes and nose in Jet crystal.
It’s A Boy (1) & It’s A Girl (2)
Kris Bear in faceted clear crystal, eyes and nose in jet, with a Light Sapphire crystal baby bottle and pacifier in Light Sapphire crystal, designed by Heinz Taberthofer.
Kris Bear in faceted clear crystal, eyes and nose in jet, kakadurot crystal bow. The bear is pulling an uncut Jonquil crystal duck with unfaceted clear crystal wheels, designed by Heinz Taberthofer.